How Do I Arrange Services?
Receive an assessment from the Aged Care Assessment Team
- Receive an assessment from the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) to determine your eligibility for a home care package.
Receive the approval letter from My Aged Care
- Receive the approval letter from My Aged Care which will outline the package level that you have been approved for: Level 1, 2, 3, or 4.
Automatically be placed in the national queue
- You will automatically be placed in the national queue where you will wait until a home care package becomes available. This can take some time.
- For more information regarding wait times, contact My Aged Care. On 1800 200 422.
Be assigned a Home Care Package
- Once a package becomes available, you will receive a letter from My Aged Care stating that you have been assigned a home care package, stating the level of package that you have been assigned.
- Although you may have approval for a level 3 or 4 package, you may initially be assigned a level 1 or 2 package until a higher level package becomes available.
- Although you may be assigned a lower level package, you will still automatically remain in the queue for the level that you were approved for initially.
56 days to choose a provider
- Once you have been assigned a package you will have 56 days to choose a provider and sign a home care agreement with the provider. If you don’t do this within the 56 days you will not be able to accept the assigned package and will be placed back on the national queue where you will wait until another package becomes available.
- It is possible to request a 28-day extension by phoning My Aged Care.