Here are some basic eligibility criteria for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme:
You may be eligible for the Commonwealth Home support programme (CHSP) if you are:
- 65 years or older
- 50 years or older if you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- 50 years or older if you are a low-income earner, homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- Still living at home
- Require help at home in order to continue living independently
Here are some basic eligibility criteria to access Home Care Packages:
- An older person who requires coordinated services in order to remain in their own homes
- A younger person with a disability, dementia or other special care needs that are not met through other available services
What services will I be eligible for?
When you have an assessment with ACAT they will develop a support plan with you based on the information that you provide. To determine the services that you are eligible for, an assessor will want to know what support services are already in place and if the support will continue on.
Approval for services will also be based on your current health status and health concerns. If you are struggling in anyway with activities of daily living, be sure to let your assessor know. This could impact on the outcome of your assessment and what services you are approved for.
Often family can help us and support us during an assessment. If you forget to let the assessor know about some of your concerns, sometimes family are great at providing additional information.
Last but not least, a detailed health history and a letter from your G.P. can make the difference with what services you will be considered eligible for.